We will host an intergenerational exchange with thought-provoking guest speakers “adjunct faculty” that can help sharpen your analysis of current events, help you to tell YOUR Detroit story, and place yourself in this struggle over the Future-History of Detroit. We will investigate Privatization, Gentrification, the role of Foundations, International Lessons, How to do Research, and other topics of use for 21st century activists.
Course Questions include:
• How has institutional racism affected Detroit?
• How is Detroit’s situation similar to nations around the world?
• What are people doing to fight back?
• What are the real effects (good and bad) of corporation and foundation funding in Detroit?
• What can YOU do to empower yourself and your community?