On August 29 the last class of the 2012 Liberation Summer Semester took place.
The goals of this final class were:
- To synthesize and articulate the knowledge developed throughout the course
- To establish an Atlanta Campus Working Group to move forward
- To outline Fall and Spring Semester ideas
I. Introductions & Checkins
II. Read and Review the supercompilation of course writings
III. Review three primary questions:
- WHAT IS COLONIALISM?
- WHAT IS DECOLONIZATION?
- WHAT IS THE UNIVERSITY SIN FRONTERAS?
IV. Small groups discuss one of the questions and present synthesis to full group for
feedback and adjustment
V. Southern Movement Assembly
- Delegation from the USF
- Roles at the Assembly to document, analyze, and integrate into the University course work
VI. NEXT STEPS – Atlanta Campus
- Working Group – How do folks want to support the continuation of the USIF?
- OLE – Organization, Leadership, & Education
VII. Closing reflections
Present were Rasha, Glory, Lizette, Kwame, Sokari, Jerome, Cita, James, Mara, Les, Steph, Taliba,Carolyn, Rita, Sobukwe, and Angie.
Read full Synthesis Assembly – Liberation summer 2012 Document (91KB PDF)